Thursday, August 30, 2012

THIRSTY THURSDAY & a Fabulous bottle of Meyer Lemon Soda {Meyer 25 Cocktail}


T.G.I.T.T.

Another week has whipped by but I did take a moment to  pick some basil, do a little muddling and come up with an absolutely fabulous drink for Thirsty Thursday :)

I think it's a great end of summer treat: it's refreshing, it's crisp, it's Yummy.  I found this awesome Meyer Lemon soda at World Market, I'm sure you could find something similar at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.  

I mixed mine with Zacapa Rum because I've grown very accustomed to that oakey, dark amber rum taste but I'm sure this would be absolutely fabulous with Captain Morgan or Bacardi.



What you need:
1 & 1/2 ounces Amber Rum
1 thick slice lemon
seven or eight torn fresh basil leaves
3 ounces Meyer Lemon soda
3 ounces club soda
lots of ice.

What you do:

  • Put your lemon slice and your torn basil leaves in the bottom of your favorite class: muddle well.
  • Pack glass with ice then fill halfway with your lemon soda and halfway with club soda.
  • Top with your favorite Rum.

Stir well & enjoy.

NOTE: I used club soda in addition to the Meyer lemon because I like a crisp/less sweet cocktail.  In many ways this is sort of a modified Mojito in that I substituted the lemon soda for the simple syrup... if you like a sweeter drink you could skip the club soda.

p.s. excuse my crappy iPhone photography!!!
 
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF