Sunday, January 20, 2013

Best White Chili Ever {Turkey x 2 White Chili}

Turkey x 2 White Chili
 
 
Seriously, this White Chili Recipe is to die for, I've made it a few times and it's such a hit that now I make a double recipe and we enjoy for lunches all week.

 
NOTES:  I had happened to have made a huge pot of Navy Beans but you can sub out canned beans {I've done both ways} and it's still fab. 
Another shortcut is using lunch meat as your turkey....  cheaper too!

WHAT YOU NEED: 
       2 cups cooked turkey breast, coarsely chopped
1 pound ground turkey
2 small onions, chopped
1 can chopped green chilies
1 red bell pepper chopped
1/2 bag navy beans, cooked
{OR 2 cans navy beans, drained}
1 (14.5-oz) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

WHAT YOU DO:Use your large stock pot.
Saute peppers and onions in a little olive oil
on medium-high for 2–3 minutes or until tender.
Reduce heat to medium and add ground turkey to pan;
cook 5–6 minutes, stirring to crumble meat,
or until brown and no pink remains.
Stir in green chili, cumin, chili powder, oregano, 
then beans and broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; simmer for at least 30 minutes
{but I've let simmer as long as several hours
 adding a little more chicken broth if I thought getting "dry"}.
Ten minutes before serving stir in turkey and milk;
cook 10 more minutes to blend flavors.
Top with cheese as you serve.
 
ENJOY!
 
Pin It! Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. If its to die for, it's so on my list :)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chili is one of my favorite foods in the entire world. And as cold and blustery as it is today, I could totally use a bowl of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good! We are "red" chili people but I think this might persuade me to start diversifying :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chili and it's a standard in our house - Your version looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete